Organisation skills
|
Level of competence
|
Where and how I have developed this?
|
Replying to emails
|
Amber
|
I have easy access to my email account becuase I have them linked to my phone and iPad which I use daily. I am notified when emails are sent to my mailbox however I could be more effecient when replying. I often read the email and leave replying until a later date as I feel I need time to think about my reply. I need to get into the habbit of replying as soon as I have recieved them.
|
Time management
|
Amber
|
I am able to manage my time reasonably well when I am under pressure to do so. By this, I mean when I know I have a deadline to meet, I will do everything in my power to manage my time well, setting a timetable of work I need to complete. To bring this up to a green, I need to ensure I am able to complete my work, without deadlines behind me, pushing me forward.
|
Organising myself within other people
|
Green
|
I feel as though I am a strong at working with people as I am definitely a people person. I am able to work with groups of people, in a leadership role and as a team player. For example in lessons I take directon well from others and I am also able to lead groups, especially in dance lessons. I feel confident teachng movements to my classmates if they need my help however I know when to take a step back and listen instead of teach.
|
Self discipline
|
Amber
|
I feel as though I am able to work well towards my personal goals and achieve these in a reasonable amount of time. However it sometimes takes me a while to motivate myself to start the process of achieving my goals; this is why I am not quite at a green here.
|
Motivation
|
Amber
|
I am well able to come up with work and commitments plans for myself however I do sometimes find it diffiuclt to religiously stick to them. I find I am distracted easily on occasion however I do really try and channel my brian into focusing on staying motivated.
|
Avoiding procrastination
|
Amber
|
This links to my last point, as I mentioned that I do find distractions when I am struggling to motivate myself to start some work. However I feel as though most of the time I can over come procrastination well. I just need to ensure I am have enough self dicipline to ignore any distractions, to take me up to a green for this area.
|
Commitment
|
Green
|
I am solid on commitment; if I make an agreement that I will be involved in any extra curicular activities, I will go out of my way to ensure I turn up to every rehearsal with out fail.
|
Self awareness
|
Green
|
I feel as though I am fully aware of myself and what I am capable of producing. I know where my limits are, both physically and mentally however I am always open to pushing myself to the limit, to improve myself as a performer.
|
Finding solutions to problems
|
Green
|
I am really good at finding fair and reasonable solutions to problems, both with myself and its others. For example, I am good at compromising and finding the middle ground with situations which I feel is one of my strengths.
|
Acting on solutions to problems
|
Amber/green
|
I find myself determined to improve where ever possible and when a solution has been found, I am good at acting on this and helping others through this process. I am good at advising people on how to act in situations and feel as though I can deal with solving issues well and with a level head.
|
Prioritising
|
Green
|
I am good at prioritising my work load well. I know that if I have a piece of work which is deadlined in, I will do this before continuing with general homework and line learning. Whatever is the nearest upcoming project, this is what I will ensure I focus on before anything else.
|
Accepting responsibility
|
Red
|
I am good at accepting responsibility as I have had previous practise of being mature in my general life; I am a babysitter and a waitress which have both taught me how to manage and eat wth being responsible in a vast amount of situations. I am able to convert these skills into my performing skills.
|
Creating a balance
|
Amber
|
I feel as though I am slightly inconsistent with creating a balance between different jobs I have to do. Some weeks I really keep on top of balancing my work out; I am able to fit in going to college, keeping up to date with work, going to the gym and having time off . However some days I let my routine slip and this makes me fall back, behind which sets me back. I need to ensure I keep on top of the plans I create.
|
Meeting deadlines and demands
|
Green
|
I am reliant when it comes to meeting deadlines. I have never needed an extension, this is good because I feel it is very important to keep on top of things and make sure they are in on time. It is unprofessional to hand in incomplete work, which is something I can say I have never done.
|
Keeping calendars
|
Green
|
I am good at keeping to my schedule when it comes to performing jobs. I always make sure I note down when rehearsals are in my calendar so I never miss a date. I feel as though this is something I have always been good at, which links to my strong commitment as well.
|
Social network
|
Amber
|
I have recently started a professional page on Instagram and Twitter which I post on regularly (Twitter, weekly and Instagram daily.) I have also started a YouTube channel which I have been using to upload vlogs of my days when I am busy, to show how much performing related projects I actually do. To improve, I need to make the time to upload weekly videos to YouTube as this is something I have unfortunately been inconsistent with. Regular uploads will bring in the audience you need to promote yourself therefore this is something I need to focus on keeping up with, alongside my college wrk and other commitments.
|
Self-discipline
|
Amber
|
I need to work on keeping my focus on pieces of work and making sure that when I am working, I complete the task and do not get distracted. This will help me complete the task quicker, making me more efficient and effective its my time.
|
Wednesday, 8 February 2017
Organisational skills audit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment