I am going into the industry as an all round performer as I feel as though I am a strong singer, dancer and actor. There is no point just promoting myself as one of the three disciplines as I am trained and confident in them all.
However I do have an idea of what skills I want to prioritise over others;
1) Studio films- this is my biggest dream, to be a professional film actress. Therefore this is my end goal and the idea I prioritise over any other.
2) TV drama (sitcom)- next, I have always loved watching sitcoms and really admire the style of acting that is required for shows like this. Failing my first option, TV acting is my next priority and would love to pursue a career in this.
3) Musical theatre- I am trained as a musical theatre performer and if the on screen acting approach does not work out for me then musical theatre performing is what I will fall back on. I love combining singing, dancing and acting altogether to create one performance.
4) Singer- I have a passion for singing and making music. I love writing songs and this is something I would be willing to explore in more depth.
5) Mini series- this is a great way to start off your career and to make contact in the industry. Once you have committed to one mini series, it opens doors to other series as directors often work on lots of different projects.
6) Soaps- being a soap opera actor could restrict you to only performing as one role at a time and not working on any other projects along side this. However this is a good way to establish yourself.
7) Cruise performer- this is a semi professional way of getting a vast amount of experience, performing to live audiences on a nightly basis. I would like to start out with a job like this as I feel it would ease you in to the industry, allowing a heavy work load in a semi professional environment.
Where do I see myself in the next 5 years? (Ideal situation)
Through out the whole process, I will be regularly uploading to my YouTube channel, whilst my audiences is constantly growing each year.
1) Year 1 (19 y/o)
* Cruise ship as singer/dancer- 6 months
* Student films- 4-6 in total
* AmDram musical production- 3 months
* Constantly auditioning for adverts and commercial work (Agent)- 2 per week
2) Year 2 (20 y/o)
* Constantly auditioning for adverts and acting work (Agent) 1-2 per week
* Work in ensemble of musical production on West End- 3 month
* Cast in mini series- 1 month filming
* Student films- 5 in total
* Back up dancer on X Factor- 1 series contract
3) Year 3 (21 y/o)
* Cast in soap opera role- 5 year contract
* Appear on reality TV as actress- I'm a Celebrity get me out of Here
* Singer- record some mix tapes to send to stream for free online
* Backup dancer going on tour with Rihanna- 2 months
4) Year 4 (22 y/o)
* Sitcom- 4 month filming time
* Singing career takes off, free streaming music is noticed
* Have several supporting tour offerings, take two which last 1 month each.
* Have auditions for studio films, not successful
* Mini series- 1 month filming
5) Year 5 (23 y/o)
* Film career takes off, land first studio film lead role- 4 months filming- film is successful and second film is made and I am cast in the same role, rolling into year 6 (long term contract)
* Singing career carrying on, offers from record labels however decide to stay solo and stream music for free.
I will be going freelance next year when I have completed my college courses. This is how I would love the next 5 years to pan out. I am looking forward to watching my career grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment