In today's lesson we spent a short amount of time running through the Media piece that we will be performing in the Winter Dance Show in a couple of weeks time. After running through the dance once, which went well for myself personally and the whole class, we figured out that we needed to re cap the end 30 seconds of the dance to complete the whole piece.
Something that went well was that everyone was patient when re capping the end of the dance. We had to show a couple of people where their positioning was as they were not present last lesson. This however was a quick process as everyone else remained focused and practised their parts whilst Kat gave others support.
At this stage, we need to improve on how we perform the movements, for example putting dynamics into the piece and using facial expressions to tell the story also. I feel as though I add a string dynamic to my movements. I use resistance followed by a sharp dynamic to show sudden changes and also I am able to visually show the difference between slow and fast movements by changing the dynamics accordingly.
As a personal point of improvement I now need to focus on my facial expression, conveying the ideas of secrecy, mystery and seriousness. All three of these states of being are included in the dance and at this stage are shown through different move to for example hiding our face with our hands, covering our mouth with our hands and reaching out both hands with desperation. However I will take is that step further and match facial expression to the movements which will improve the overall quality of my performance.
No comments:
Post a Comment