This is a freezeframe of our initial ideas for the choreography to song 'Crazy little thing.' We were asked by our teacher Kim to experiment with some movement ideas which would fit to the upbeat and celebratory style of song. We naturally found ourselves in parnters within the group; the song has a jazz and swing theme to it therefore partner work fits well with this idea, helping us create some movement ideas together. Luke and I supported each other with this task, using our prior dance knowlegde to create some appropriate movement. We did some fun turn ins to each other whch ressembles that of a swing dance. We also did some freestyling, which worked nicely for us as a pair as we were the able to bounce off of each others ideas, creating more elaborate and developed ideas. When rehearsing this and completing this task, the class as an ensemble worked well together as we ensured everyone on stage had enough room to create their ideas by being spacially aware and keeping the noise to a minimum to allow thinking time to be as productive as possible.
Following this, Luke and I worked on the blocking of one of our scenes with Meat and Brit (Olivia and Jaydee.) Despite this scene being between the four of our characters, the bulk of the movement on stage comes from Olivia and Jaydee. Therefore it was within mine and Luke's interest to take a back seat in the process of leading this part of the process. We stayed in our positions, sitting down in centre stage, allowing for Olivia and Jaydee to work on their ideas for this scene. The two girls were able to figure out their stage positionings whilst Luke and I stayed quiet and focused on what decisions they were making. Luke and I supported the two girls by being patient, waiting for the scenes blocking to be completed.
Following on from the idea of supporting my peers by being patient and waiting quietly for the scene to be blocked, I watched Luke and Amber, who is playing Scaramouche alongside myself, block the movement to the song 'Who wants to live forever.' As our cast is double cast, we must support our fellow class members by allowing them to develop scenes we may not be in or alternatively, watch and make blocking and character notes on scenes that we are in however not rehearsing with our cast. This is exactly what I needed to do here. Luke is my cast however Megan who plays Galileo alongside Luke was absent today so he stepped in. Taking a back seat and observing what the other cast do on stage is all a part of successfully working together sas an ensemble to create a brilliant performance. From this today I have gained two positive things. Firstly I was able to make detailed and accurate notes on my script as I was watching Amber doing our movements, giving me more time to think about how to write the notes ad what information to include. Secondly I picked up on some techniques Amber was using that I can no learn from. This included how she delivered certain lines and what tone of voice to act in.

Here we are all featured working together to complete the blockig of act 1. We had to be open minded for this part of the rehearsal as everyone had different ideas on the table about potentil movement and positioning ideas. We made compromises where ever possible to ensure everyone's ideas were appreciated and used somewhere within the piece. For the final part of this scene we had to create the idea of a bubble being around myself, luke and Jaydee at the front. We came up with several ways to create this illusion however the way we decided to agree on was a combination of different ideas, contributed from several different members of the group. This shows that each member of an ensemble is valid and it takes lots of different and opposing ideas to create something really special.





No comments:
Post a Comment