Working together as an ensemble in today's lesson, we managed to create and choreograph the movement to Killer Queen and Khashoggi's conversation on pages 11 - 12 of the script. Everyone was late it with one another today as this process of creating movement took us 15 minutes of focus. Bryleah, as Killer Queen, took on a leadership role within the group, listening to the rest of the class's opinions and communicating them to Kim and everyone clearly. I felt everyone was focused and patient today and having Bryleah lead the choreography helped set out minds on what we needed to achieve. I felt my contribution to this part of the lesson was subtle yet helpful. I feel as though I contributed by being quiet and focused through out. Even though I didn't have much input into the creation of these movement, I listened to what was being asked of me and co operated by copying the movement correctly. We used robotic arm gestures to symbolise the Yuppie's emotions as they all think the same, under control of the Killer Queen. Whilst sitting on the Killer Queen’s steps, the Yuppies will raise their outside hand up to their mouths as they gasp. This works well with the gasping sound as it look controlled and everyone looks/sounds identical; under the power of Killer Queen.
Developing an early scene between Scaramouche and the GaGa girls today took compromising today as all of the girls working on the piece including myself, had plenty of ideas about accent choice and use of the body to portray the 'bitchiness' of girls. I feel as though myself, Isobel, Talia, Jade and Megan worked effectively together as we were all relaxed enough to be able to chose the best ideas from the lot we contributed. Isobel had the idea of encorporating the Essex accent into the Ga Ga girl's persona, which we tried and worked well as this accent is linked to gossiping.
I am a confident person and therefore I am used to taking on the leadership roles in similar situations during class. Therefore today I feel as though I have learnt that sometimes it is a positive idea to take a step back and show your ensemble contribution by being focused and doing what you are told to do. This makes the process of developing choreography much more fluid as having everyone talking at once always becomes too intense and unproductive. Peer support was strong today; we all knew we had to complete a significant amount of blocking today therefore all the class acted professionally, working corporately together to achieve this. An example of this was that some of the movement we created today was difficult to achieve unison with. Instead of individuals loosing focus when they and grasped the technique, we all managed to stay focused on behalf of the people had needed to spend more time rehearsing the movement. This ensured everyone was at the same level of awareness in the process.
Something we found challenging today as a class was working out who is going to be able to perform on each night, due to doubling casting. This gets complicated as we have to consider that the year 12s will be involved in the show so we have to account for them too. This part of the lesson did become slightly stressful as at some points, a lot of us were talking over one another, trying to figure out who was needed for a certain scene and logistically if they were able to be a part of it. To have improved on our ensemble skills here, we should have tried to listen to one another and allow only one person to speak at a time. This would have solved the problem quicker and allowed for everyone to be heard separately.




No comments:
Post a Comment