What went well?
Today we learnt a new warm up phrase which featured dynamic turns which improve your agility, different use of levels to ensure all parts of your body have the chanced to be prepared before dancing starts and in general fast pace which steadily increases your heart rate, encouraging effort to be made. I feel as though I was able to pick up the routine efficiently today as I remembered the movements after learning them. The first time I performed the phrase to music, I missed out a turning movement over the left shoulder. After realising this, I recalled this section of the dance and was soon able to perform it with no inaccuracies.
Also personally I feel as though I worked well during the warm up today as I was at the front, leading the movement as I am efficient at picking up steps and new choreography. I like to help others and feel as though I did this today.
Even better if...
To improve for next time, I want to ensure that whilst performing a jump in the air, sending my legs out and up to change my body positioning, I fully extend my legs. I found myself not quite being able to fully extend my legs as I ran out of time towards the end of the phrase, where this move is performed. To improve, I will practise the movement a few times on its own to ensure my take off and landing positions aren't hindering my ability to maintain correct technique.
Another one bites the dust
What went well?
Today I feel as though the whole of the class worked well together to complete the choreography to this number. Bryleah took on the lead role of inputting ideas to the process and choreographing the majority of the number as her character Killer Queen, sings and is the main attraction of the number.
As an ensemble we worked out that acting robotically suits this dance as it is based on the Killer Queen having authority and control over the whole of Planet Mall.
We also used the process of trial and error to ensure the movements we finally chose looked fitting and worked with the lyrics and intent behind the song. For example a couple of people has ideas for the ending of the piece however we chose the one which looked right when we tried them both out. We firstly tired splitting the class in to two, with one half running off after being zapped by the Killer Queen and the other half robotically falling to the floor as if they had been zapped down dead. Our second idea was to have everyone stay on and after being zapped, to fall robotically to the floor in a seemingly uncomfortable position, to later start twitching the body to the music, as if we were robots re booting. We decided to go with the second idea after seeing what both ideas looked like on stage becuase the stage looked busier this way. Also the twitching of the limbs right at the end added a comedic element to the piece which fits in with Killer Queen, who Izzy and especially Bryleah, play in a humourous fashion.
Even better if...
We could have improved on the piece if we had extra time in the lesson to go over the choreography we have finished today, and refined movements. This will make the piece be seemingly more fluid, which is professional. This is what we will be doing next lesson.
Media piece
What went well?
We continued refining the piece today and everyone co orporated as a team well, staying patient and focused. A couple of people were missing from last week's rehearsal therefore we helped them catch up with what they missed from this session.
Even better if...
The next step we need to take is having a rehearsal in the theatre space, in which we will be performing in for the winter dance show. This will allow us to adapt out dance to the space around us, instead of having a shock by doing this on the day of the performance. The theatre is a different shape to the dance studio and therefore would be beneficial for us to get used to performing in the appropriate space.
No comments:
Post a Comment