S CLUB 7 VIDEO
Firstly I was aware of a large amount of information about the band as they were significant figures in my childhood and through out growing up. I played the character Tina who I researched in depth to find out extra information about her such as how she got into the group, her life background and what she is doing now, in the present day after the band’s split. When blocking the staging of the piece, I played a large part in directing this, suggesting where each member of the band could stand on stage and inputting why it would look good to audiences. For example I came up with the idea of standing in a band formation at the beginning of he show, mimicking photographs of how S Club 7 would stand for paparazzi and press shoots. They all stood in a playful group, smiling and making silly gestures towards each other and the audiences. They would do this especially in their early career as they were a fun loving band with a young target audience. I suggested we do this to show that the band were young at the time and offered appropriate content and material to their young viewers. I also helped contribute to the order of which we showed events through out their career within our performance. We decided to take the chronological route as it made sense to show their process and how they started out as ‘pop’ stars and eventually moulded to more of an RnB style as they ch aged as people and matured.
Firstly I was aware of a large amount of information about the band as they were significant figures in my childhood and through out growing up. I played the character Tina who I researched in depth to find out extra information about her such as how she got into the group, her life background and what she is doing now, in the present day after the band’s split. When blocking the staging of the piece, I played a large part in directing this, suggesting where each member of the band could stand on stage and inputting why it would look good to audiences. For example I came up with the idea of standing in a band formation at the beginning of he show, mimicking photographs of how S Club 7 would stand for paparazzi and press shoots. They all stood in a playful group, smiling and making silly gestures towards each other and the audiences. They would do this especially in their early career as they were a fun loving band with a young target audience. I suggested we do this to show that the band were young at the time and offered appropriate content and material to their young viewers. I also helped contribute to the order of which we showed events through out their career within our performance. We decided to take the chronological route as it made sense to show their process and how they started out as ‘pop’ stars and eventually moulded to more of an RnB style as they ch aged as people and matured.
As a group we came up with the idea of taking a comedic approach to our performance as we feel this will help us remember all of the information we include when it comes to forming the essay at the end of the project. We decided to perform the events of the band’s career and their highlights in chronological order, demonstrating to the audience how they became the band they are know as today. To make the devising process flow nicely, we decided to split the group up into four separate groups and designate a section of research to each group. This allowed the informative side of he performance to be broken down for the audience, allowing them to understand the content.
We split up the research part of the project to make the work load evenly spread between us all. For example Bryleah and Jordy researched the Miami 7 TV show, following with Luke and Talia researching the band's top hits. After this Amber and I researched the formula of S Club and how each member represented a certain type of character or person in the time they were making music. This made the band more relatable to the target audience of teenagers and the band almost adapted what they wanted to the music they produced. This means that S Club were pop based for the main part of their career. We then went on to research the social changes at the time and how these effected the style of music that the band produced. They transitioned to RnB music, when Paul Cattermole left the band.
I have discovered that splitting up the work load we received as a group really helped us to make the work we produced of a high quality. This technique also allows for different peoples opinions and interpretations of the research to be found, giving the presentation a new and fresh dynamic. Working as a team and supporting one another has also come to light through out this process. Listening to everyone's individual ideas and blending them with other thoughts also allows for new concepts to be created, improving he quality of your work even more.We split up the research part of the project to make the work load evenly spread between us all. For example Bryleah and Jordy researched the Miami 7 TV show, following with Luke and Talia researching the band's top hits. After this Amber and I researched the formula of S Club and how each member represented a certain type of character or person in the time they were making music. This made the band more relatable to the target audience of teenagers and the band almost adapted what they wanted to the music they produced. This means that S Club were pop based for the main part of their career. We then went on to research the social changes at the time and how these effected the style of music that the band produced. They transitioned to RnB music, when Paul Cattermole left the band.
I feel my group worked well together by listening to each other's ideas and making compromises where necessary. Also entering the project with a positive mind set helps make the process more enjoyable for everyone. Another aspect of the dynamic in our group that went well was including comedy in our performance. Now, I will be sure to remember the humour in our performance, and therefore remember all of the information linked to it. This is a positive learning strategy as it has helped me improve my memory.
If we were to do it again I would definitely assign more time to the project as I feel in the rehearsals we were slightly rushed for time. From an audiences point of view, we could have spent more time working on our transitions between scenes, this would have improved the quality of our performance and made it easier to follow and interpret.
No comments:
Post a Comment