Seven Seas of Rhye
What went well?
• Firstly I noticed an improvement on the target I set myself last week. This was to ensure I was getting the correct timing for a certain part of the dance, which is an extension, stepping backwards to come forwards again. Last rehearsal I was struggling with the timing and each time I ended up starting a count too early. This lesson I felt myself naturally correct this after the first time I ran through the movement. I had a quick glance in front of my at the other people in the dance and I was son able to pick up the timing and correct myself easily.
• Secondly Luke and I developed our lift scene, which is now coming together nicely as we have correctly slotted in some transitions which make our movements look fluid and natural. For example we perform a lift, seeing me being pulled round in the air by Luke as I do a stag style leap. This looks strong as I manage to get a lot of height behind the jump. A smooth transition to the next move was what was missing. We choreographed a fluid transition for this, I tumble to the floor and roll over my rot shoulder. After, I do a spin up to standing, holding is hand still and do a leg extension jump, with my left leg extended to the back. Luke reaches for me at this point, conveying the idea of wanting to save me or potentially pull me to freedom.
Even better if?
• To improve my rehearing today, I would like to have spent more time working out little details to the dance; asking questions to double check specifics such as ‘is this leg extended or ben?’ or ‘flexed or pointed foot here?’ I feel as though I may have spent too much time actually ensuring I was confident with all of the movements and spacing. This is a positive thing as I know I am confident with the movements however for exact details of the dance, I will need to spend a few minutes going over at some point next week, before our next rehearsal.
Target…
• For next rehearsal I will firstly ensure I am familiar with precious details of the dance, to ensure my technique is accurate. This will have my dance performance look professional and of a high standard.
Media piece
What went well?
• Firstly we managed to choreographed a substantial amount of the dance today in the hour period we have assigned ourselves to do so. We started today off with 1 minute of material and we have ended this lesson with just over 2 minutes of material. This shows we have been able to work efficiently as a team, producing a substantial amount of work for the hour we had to do it in. Everyone listened well to each other's ideas and were able to get on with rehearsing the parts we all individually needed to.
• I contributed to choreographing a section of the piece today. I came up with the idea of everyone starting in the corner and learning the same motif to represent keeping secrets and acting in a mysterious manner. I pitched to the class the idea that Bryleah would lead the dance; she would perform the motif with three other dancers, they would turn around and return to the corner they started from after completing the motif and perform it again, having picked up three other dancers. This happens three times until, the whole cast are dancing the motif. This visually represents the idea of a secret building up and being taken out of context. The more people performing, conveys the idea of the secret being twisted and added to. This idea was used and works well at the part of the dance we ended up at as we are able to naturally filter to the left back stage corner to perform the phrase.
Even better if?
• Something we could have improved on today was working with the people around us when dancing. Particularly in my quartet with Luke, Emily and Jaydee I noticed we were dancing well however need to develop our interactions with one another when performing. This is a minor detail when looking at the performance however will make all the difference. The more we exchange glances and keep eye contact, the easier it will be to convey the idea of a secret being the main subject of the piece. For example in real life when there is a rumour, everyone who knows about it exchanges glances and gestures towards each other. By mimicking this idea, the concept of out piece should be easier to understand.
Target…
• My area to improve on for the next rehearsal is further developing my facial expression through out the piece. I felt myself performing with good facial expressions at some parts however more target is to ensure I keep this up through the whole piece. This adds to the characterisation and conveys the meaning of your character participation, why they are in the dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment